Einsamkeit
Monday, December 17, 2007
  Life seems better, by alot, actually.
"What's up?", you might want to ask. Instead of the ubiquitious answer people usually offer like "Oh, nothing much, really." *insert yawns* I shall attempt to give a more exciting peek of "what's up".

Firstly, I have reached the ending few chapters of Christopher Hitchens' god is not Great book. One particular chapter - There is no Eastern Solution, irked me to a certain and significiant degree. The way he slams Buddhism is rather severe and unrelenting. He has given himself a serious concession by trying to pin everything possible to its end, in this case, it might not be neccessary. I would love to meet up with him. Over a nice cup of Ceylon tea, I will try my best to explain Buddhism and its pragmatic nature to him, and I only hope he will listen to it. Lol. Ugh. In his own words from the book: "A faith that despises the mind and the free individual, that preaches submission and resignation, and that regards life as a poor and transient thing, is ill-equipped for self-criticism." I could find so many misunderstood statements in that one single line. Not going to prosetlyze here, in case people think I'm a fanacial Buddhist-facist. Hahah! I just think the western mind is not receptive to Eastern way of thinking to grasp the gist of our culture accurately. Ah wells. Not going to be pissed by a single paragraph in the book, anyway. =D

Next, Kev will be back here in Singapore on Wednesday. Everyone will be happy. I cannot wait to resume the film-watching sessions with him. I reckon we should have a movie-stayover or what not. It will be a blast. Speaking of card flourishing friends and card flourishing, I have finally stopped procasinating and went out to film my footages for the video last week. I'm fairly satisfied at the output, considering I was constantly threatened by the volume of the incoming rain this monsoon has to offer. Yeah, if you even bothered to infer, my video will be an outdoors video. =) Now, it all boils to the editting problem. Being technologically challenged of myself, I have encountered many hinderances with the Sony Vegas 8.0 I downloaded. Half-discouraged, I think it's still better if I were to ask help from Jaspas or something. Haha.

My article on local politics has rendered some online retialiation. Haha! :P

Christmas is coming. As much as I cannot be bothered about this festival of consumerism, I must thank Jaspas for his gift - which is a nifty fabric-covered non-lined notebook. I foresee many deviant things and imagery in that book soon, but I will have to overcome the "I don't bear to write on clean resplendent notebooks" syndrome. Haha. Thanks, Jaspas! Oh, J, after almost 2 years of calling you "Jaspas", it seems vaguely strange that your name is Justin. Lol. Hmm, back to Christmas, I have 3 events on stimultaneously. A) KTV session with Justin (I make it a point), his girl, Leon and perhaps Kev. B) Family/Relatives Gathering C) Movie outing and monologue-giving/listening with Count. Drasula Matyn and his acquintance, we should be watching 30 Dazes of Blight. We will have to book tickets in advance or choke on the ropes of hope (I just love this maglinant foul word play of his, extremely sensual, eh?), if we were to take a gamble on that wretchful day itself.

On domestic issues. I have been having fun with my mom (oh, don't give such bad, boring notions about mothers) at home. She's getting cranky and really comedic on almost every action she does. It's quite funky. ^^

I want to buy "Kampfar's Kvass" album, but I am pretty much broke. Hate school-less life, no regular allowance.

Speaking of metal, yours truly and my friend - Darfina Carlito, has attempted to do the impossible - to initiate the First Ever Metal Festival in The Entire Span of Asia. To be even more amazing, we are focusing on the rarely-discussed and almost entirely-unheard-of Viking/Folk metal genre, we intend to bring in bands such as Korpiklaani, Kampfar, Ensiferum, Moonsorrow, to name a few. To make this concrete, we decided to use an online petition. Metalheads and Pagan-lovers, if you happen to chance by this blog, leave your mark at Pagan Metal Fest in Asia Petition. Thank you! I can't play shit in terms of music, but hey, I am creating opportunites and making history. I think it's very kvlt still, don't you think? Haha.

Labels:

 
Comments:
No offense or anything, and correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that Singapore, by the way of life and upbringing was more western than eastern. Like, to give a radical example, Japan.
 
Thanks for sharingg
 
Post a Comment



<< Home
The human destiny is forever limited by the idiocy of bureaucracy and the excesses of social expectations. - LingNemesis, 2007 C.E.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Metal-Listener. Card Flourisher. Aspiring Philosopher. Selective Mugger. Ubermensch-to-be. Inspired by Dharma. Nihilist. The Almost Misanthrope. Yogini. Film Enthusiast. Into everything Occult and the Esotercism. Anti-Pretentious Social Situations. Anti-Religion. Anti-Normal. Observer of This Fucked-Up World. Autodidact. Philomath. Capricorn Cusp Aquarius. Leo Ascendent. Taurus Moon Sign. Economic Left/Right: -1.88 Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05.

ARCHIVES
March 2005 / April 2005 / May 2005 / June 2005 / July 2005 / August 2005 / September 2005 / October 2005 / November 2005 / December 2005 / January 2006 / February 2006 / March 2006 / April 2006 / May 2006 / June 2006 / July 2006 / August 2006 / September 2006 / October 2006 / November 2006 / December 2006 / January 2007 / February 2007 / March 2007 / April 2007 / May 2007 / June 2007 / July 2007 / August 2007 / September 2007 / October 2007 / November 2007 / December 2007 / January 2008 / February 2008 / March 2008 / April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 /


LingNemesis.Blogspot is best viewed using Mozilla FireFox and perhaps a pair of eyes. =D Metal is LingNemesis' Religion. LingNemesis' Heroes Thus Spake Cthulhu







online cash advance
provided by online-cash-advance.com .
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 2.5 License. Or Room 101, you go!