Chinese New Year!
Its only a couple of hours until we usher in the (in)auspicious year of the Dog. And I am terribly bored, being confined at home because of the arcane concept of a reunion dinner that sounds rather absurd to people like me.
So here I am, lazing on my bed, with a laptop and my steady source of Cradle of Filth blaring out of the speakers as my source of entertainment for this period of unbearable time.
Reader-fiends, if you are wondering how to go about killing time tomorrow whilst relative-visiting, this might help you a nifty.
- Plug on to your earphones with metal blaring and headbang to your hearts' content.
- If you happen to be a black metaller, think all things necro and grim.
- If you happen to be a power metal freak, think epic and Manowar.
- Black metallers again, think of the coldness of your soul and recite 'In the mountains of madness! Unending grimness, this kingdom is mine!'
- Air guitaring and air drumming work well too.
- Headbang more.
- Point \m/ everywhere you go.
- Instead of saying 'Gong xi fuck cai', say 'Hails!'
- Bring 6 oranges.
- If your parents forced you not to wear black, then listen to them. It's the ang pow money that matters now.
For Magicians and flourishers:
- Do Healed and Sealed Coda can effect.
- Do not allow your irritating cousins to use your cards in Tai Di/Poker/21 points/anything game at all.
- Elmsely count the ang pows, so you can always say 'One is missing! You haven't give!'
- Palm the chocolate coins.
- Flourish all the way.
- Produce red spongeballs from the ang pows. (Little red balls. :P)
- I am still thinking...
- Flourish is still the best way to kill time.
- Cheat the young.
- Test your pickpocketing skills.
I guess with all these 20 handy tips, you *hopefully* can survive the ever-monotonous Chinese New Year and remain sane.
[off to eat more chinese new year goodies and listen to more metal]
In the festive mood,
28th January 2006 AD.